Easton Sunshine Day Camp
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
WELCOME BACK TO SUNSHINE DAY CAMP!!
Easton Park & Recreation is excited to offer you another exciting summer of new experiences and adventures at our Sunshine Day Camp. Our Day Camp offers a variety of activities including arts & crafts, sports, funyaks, field trips, special guests and special theme based activities to fill campers’ days with fun and laughter throughout the summer months. Most weeks offer at least one special event. This summer we will be offering days of inflatable water slide or slip n' slide use to keep cool as well as our improved beach front for building sand castles and canoeing on our pond. We will be having, "THEMED DAYS" and, "TIE DYE TUESDAYS".
Lunch Bunch - Register for this weekly option. We offer grilled cheese, a hot dog or turkey sandwich. Lunch includes a water or juice box, chips and a sweet snack.
Inclement Weather - On inclement weather days camp will be held at Samuel Staples Elementary School (SSES), in the 2 gyms. You will receive an email the night before or morning of camp to tell you camp is being moved. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL IS UPDATED IN OUR SYSTEM AND CHECK YOUR SPAM! It will also be on our website and Facebook.
TREE HOUSE GANG - For after camp care from 2:00pm-5:00pm, please see Tree House Gang under programs.
Day Camp is 10% more for non-Easton residents, amount will be added during checkout.
There are NO REFUNDS for Day Camp, you can switch weeks depending on availability.
REGISTRATIONS MUST BE ENTERED BY 12PM THE FRIDAY BEFORE CAMP STARTS!! REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AFTER 12:00 PM!
Each Week at Sunshine Day Camp
All campers go to Arts & Crafts and the beach area every day.
Mondays: Let's meet our fellow campers and counselors with fun games.
Tuesdays: Every Tuesday is "TIE DYE TUESDAY!". Tie Dye your camp shirt or anything white and wear them on Friday! (1 camp T-shirt per summer, not per week).
Tuesdays & Thursdays: "THEMED DAYS!". The weekly flier will let you know what the theme is for the day.
Wednesdays: What event is coming to Sunshine Day Camp?? The weekly flier will let you know, or see below for a sneak peek.
Thursdays: Water slide or Slip n' slide day
Fridays: Wear and show off your creative tie dyed camp shirt. Ice cream truck or snow cones!
Week 1: June 28 - July 2, Water Slide, Star Factory Dance Party, Tie Dye Tuesday, & Ice Cream Truck on Friday.
Week 2: July 6 - July 9 (NO CAMP MONDAY, JULY 5TH, Tue - Fri, 4 day week) Slip n' Slide, Celebrate America Week, Snow Cones Friday
Week 3: July 12 - July 16, Water Slide, Magic Matt & Balloon Twisting, Ice Cream Truck Friday, Tie Dye Tuesday
Week 4: July 19 - July 23, Slip n' Slide, Star Factory Dance Party, Tie Dye MONDAY, CT Science Center STEM Workshop, Snow Cones Friday, Movie Night Friday
Week 5: July 26 - July 30, Camparady on Tuesday! Water Slide, Tie Dye MONDAY, Snow Cones Friday
Week 6: August 2 - August 6, Slip n' Slide, Video Game Truck, Tie Dye Tuesday & Ice Cream Truck Friday.
Week 7: August 9 - August 13, Slip n' Slide, Bring The Hoopla, Tie Dye Tuesday, Snow Cones Friday.
Week 8: August 16 - August 20, Slip n' Slide, Airbrush Tattoos, Ice Cream Truck Friday, Tie Dye Tuesday, Movie Night Friday
NOTE: WHEN YOU GO TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD(REN) & YOU SELECT THE OPTION: "NO LUNCH BUNCH" OR "WITH LUNCH BUNCH", YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH WEEK(S) YOU WANT TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD(REN) IN.
We will be keeping up to date with all recommendations from the CDC regarding COVID19 at camps. Please understand that these recommendations can be ever changing.
OEC has stated that a new memo, MEMO 41, will be forthcoming shortly and will revise OEC’s mask policy to the following:
“As of today, mask guidance is changed. Staff, vaccinated or unvaccinated, are no longer required to wear masks outdoors. The requirement for staff, vaccinated or unvaccinated, to wear masks indoors in child care and youth camps will continue in accordance with OEC memos. For camps that operate exclusively outdoors, children do not have to wear masks unless they are going indoors for any reason, such as to use the bathroom or for a rain location.
~ Our plan is to keep campers in smaller groups/cohorts with no physical interaction among groups.
~ We ask that if your camper is not feeling well, please keep them home fore the safety of the other campers and staff.
~ Since camp is outdoors, groups/cohorts are not required to wear masks. You can request your camper wear a mask, please speak with their counselor.
~ Restroom use will be 2 at a time and masks must be worn.
~ Lunch times may be staggered depending on the number of campers at camp each week.
Day Camp Important Info
- There are NO REFUNDS for Day Camp, you can switch weeks depending on availability.
- Siblings must be registered for the same weeks to receive the sibling discount.
- Sunshine Day Camp is for those campers entering Grade K through entering Grade 6. Please be sure to enter the grade your child is going into in the fall when registering.
- If your child will be out any day from camp, contact camp that morning at 203.268.0410 and let the Director know. Otherwise, their Counselor/group will be waiting for them.
- On inclement weather days camp will be held at Samuel Staples Elementary School (SSES), large & small. You will receive an email the night before or morning of camp to tell you camp is being moved. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL IS UPDATED IN OUR SYSTEM AND CHECK YOUR SPAM! It will also be on our website and Facebook. Drop-off and pick-up will be at the small gym entrance in the front of the school.
- Camp runs from 9:00am-2:00pm with options from 2:00pm - 5:00pm (please see Treehouse Gang).
- Aspetuck Park is located at 369 Black Rock Road. The contact number for Aspetuck Park is (203) 268-0410
- REGISTRATIONS MUST BE ENTERED BY 12PM THE FRIDAY BEFORE CAMP STARTS!! IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT ON THE ROSTER MONDAY MORNING, THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED INTO CAMP.
- Please note children bringing their own lunch MUST have a cold pack in their lunch bags.
- 1st Child Rate (per week) - $180.00
- 2nd Child Rate (per week) - $155.00
- 1st Child Rate + Lunch Bunch - $215.00
- 2nd Child Rate + Lunch Bunch - $190.00
Additional Forms and Files: