This jamboree will be coached by Easton resident and mom of two, Stefanie Fiondella. Program will feature basic field hockey instruction and learning the fundamentals (drills, passing, shooting, rules, etc.) and 7 v 7 game-style scrimmages based on age and level. Joel Barlow High School Field Hockey Team and Sacred Heart University Field Hockey Team will be volunteering their time to assist in coaching. Coach Stefanie is looking to raise money for field hockey goals and field hockey goalie equipment to help grow the Easton Field Hockey program.
TO RECEIVE A JERSEY FOR THE JAMBOREE, REGISTRATION MUST BE IN BY 4/9/21.
SUNDAY ONLY OPTION - JOEL BARLOW TURF FIELD 12:00pm-2:00pm - $70.00
Dates/Times/Locations: (3 days)
Upper Vets Field - Friday, 4/30 - 4:00pm-5:00pm
Upper Vets Field - Saturday, 5/1 - 10:00am-12:00pm
Joel Barlow High School Turf Field - Sunday, 5/2, 12:00pm-2:00pm
Who: Open to Easton and Redding 6–10 years
Total players: 50 max (10 groups of 5, two coaches per group)
Fee: $150 per player (includes jersey, must register by 4/9/21 to guarantee a jersey)
PLEASE REVIEW COVID PROTOCOLS BELOW.
Coach Stefanie's background in field hockey includes, playing for Norwalk High School (varsity for 3 years, receiving Honorable Mention), co-founded and played on the Club Field Hockey Team at UCONN, and after graduating playing for the North East Field Hockey Association in New York and coaching the freshmen team at Norwalk High School and currently playing indoor Field Hockey at the NYA Adult Field Hockey League in Newtown.
- We are asking families to please keep children home if they are showing any symptoms of any illness, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
- We reserve the right to refuse a child if they are exhibiting any symptoms of any illness.
- All players and coaches must wear masks.
- Temperature checks for all players upon arrival.
- We would prefer parents/guardians to drop off their players. If they prefer to stay, they must wear masks, socially distance and stay in the stands (not allowed on side-lines).
- If parents get out of the car for drop-off and pick-up, a mask must be worn at all times.
- All players and coaches must sanitize before the Jamboree starts and after .
- No shared equipment, players must bring their own field hockey stick.
- Balls will only be touched by staff. Players can touch the balls only with sticks, no hands.